Wednesday, March 10, 2010

By the Beautiful Sea

So, life on the boat between Vietnam and India has been very good. I have had some school work (a very minimal amount compared to what i would have if i was home) but other than that I have just been working on my tan, trying to shed some pounds I gained in Vietnam, and catching up on sleep. I bought a ton of DVDs in Vietnam so I have also been watching those - particularly every season of Entourage.
Saturday was taco day!!!! All that means is that we were served tacos for lunch. At home I don’t even eat tacos but damnnn did they hit the spot after not being offered them for months!
On Sunday we had no class because it was the Sea Olympics. The Sea Olympics were super fun. We were divided into different seas based on where our ‘dorm’ room is located. I was on the Yellow Sea team. My events were dodgeball and a wheelbarrow race. I am embarrassed to say that i was SO sore the next day from wheelbarrowing for only like maybe a minute and a half. But yeah it was a good time. We all dressed up in our colors and made up cheers and had a lip-sync. I felt like i was back at Walton Farm. I LOVED olympic day in elementary school so I am not complaing. Anyways, the best part of the Sea Olympics was the bbq for dinner. I can’t even explain to you how good a cheese burger and ribs tasted after being used to the same old food (pasta, potatoes, pears, plain salad, and stale bread) every day in the caf.
Other than that nothing else is too exciting on the ship. The weather has been very hot in the 90’s but the humidity is going down, luckily. FINALLY my laundry got done. I haven’t had my laundry done since before Japan so not only were my tshirts and shorts dirty but also all of my winter clothes. No worries though, everything is clean now.
Tomorrow I will be in INDIA! We are arriving in Chennai in the morning. My plans are for my friends and i to fly up to Delhi and spend the day and night there. Then, take a train to Agra where the Taj Mahal is. That night my friends and I hope to take a sleeper train to Varanasi but currently we are on the waitlist for that...pray for us, we need to get on that train! We will then spend the day and night in Varanasi because its suppose to be a really different city. Then, we will fly to Cochin and meet back up with the boat.

I will update again after India!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for updating the blog. I think we all need it to have some adventure through you. It all sounds so exciting. Be safe - love you. Aunt Dar

    ReplyDelete